five things that make me smileNovember 23, 2007
- I get to stay at home, almost all of the time, with my four-year-old. Next year she’ll be in kindergarten all day, and I’ll be back at work six hours a day. I try not to think about it too much, because it makes me sad and I don’t know when I’ll have time to do anything…but man, I’m really grateful to have this time with her. She’s my seep bee!
- My friend is having a baby!!! Actually, a few friends are having babies, but the one at the forefront of my mind has wanted one for a very long time, and I’m so flippin’ excited for her.
- My seven-year-old is on the brink of Really Being Able to Play Cards. She learned a pretty complicated game yesterday and I predict that, if I play as much as she wants me to, in a few days she’ll be quite good.
- I scored 325 at Scrabble yesterday. Nice to know I haven’t completely lost my edge.
- I’m going to see my favorite band tomorrow! 😀